Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So much to say! Part 1- with many parts to follow...

Dear blogging world, it's been awhile... too long! I enjoy blogging, it's the closest thing I have to a journal, but when push comes to shove it gets bumped to the bottom of the totem pole. So, here I am wanting to catch up but feeling overwhelmed knowing I've gotten nearly 4 months behind. I'm not going to make non-realistic goals on posting everyday or anything, but I hope that with a few posts here and there I can catch up and get back to maintaining. Wish me luck!!!

So, September 27th Dave began his new job... good news is He LOVES it! It's his dream job! bad news is it is 2 hours away, which means he lives in a hotel Mon-Fri, and we get him on the weekends. Which also means I have become a "single" mom of 4 kids. NOT EASY!!! I have a new respect for single moms of the world, I don't know how you do it! We are rapidly approaching 4 months (see a time connection to lack of posts, its no coincidence) of life like this, and it isn't getting any easier. We spent the first 2 weeks of October working like mad to get the house ready to list. We did new carpet, new paint, packing/boxing up to de-clutter, had a garage sale to de-junk, lots of deep cleaning, yard work, you name- we did it! And then it was finally ready, and let me just say... WOW! my house looks nice!!! I think so anyways. I do miss a few things though, 1. family pictures, I am a picture person and having to remove all "personal" things for listing was not exciting and 2. the baby gates!!! AHhhh! to this one, Elly is an accomplished crawler and moves fast! She can make it up the stairs okay, but it really scares me and I only let her do it if someone is right behind her. She is far from ready to get down them, and it doesn't help my fear that there is tile at the bottom of the stairs- no padding for crashes. So now anytime we move up or down I "reposition" a love seat to act as a gate. Much more complicated than locking and unlocking a baby gate would be...sigh...but it works. So the house has been listed for like I said 4 months, and has only had 3 showings, which is rather disappointing...in fact down right depressing. We've been assured that the market has been in a slump, and with it being the holidays there hasn't been much movement anywhere... maybe so, actually probably so, seeing as all 3 showings have been in the past few weeks, not months... but let me just say it doesn't make it any easier. Day in and out, keeping up with this! I've never been a "neat freak" not that my house was a disaster, but it has always had the "lived in" feel... and this change to cleaning every day is not my idea of fun, in fact I would say it is rather exhausting! The good news, all 3 viewings have had positive feedback. #1 loved it, only to find out they didn't qualify for it, #2 liked it, but weren't "serious" buyers, just looking, and #3 liked it, but decided to go with something larger. So one of these days someone will come along and it will be the perfect fit for them... at least that is what I keep telling myself. We are told that they are expecting a lot of movement in the market February and March...so here is hoping! I think with that I will call it a post- this was a good synopsis on the whole house situation. No pictures this post, but here is a link to our listing if you want to see my house all clean and pretty... http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/10107-Cedarcliff_San-Antonio_TX_78245_M78618-23564

1 comments:

Crystal said...

Liz I completely understand how you feel about the house on the market. I remember the endless cleaning because you never know when you will have a showing. It's just crazy to live like that and incredibly hard especially on your own. I pray your home sells soon for you so that you don't have to endure it too much longer :) We decided to wait on putting our home back on the market for this reason, it would just be too hard on me. Hopefully the market will pick up, it has been down since last April when the government stopped their refund. Good luck and let us know if we can help Dave any. We really need to have him over :)