Thursday, December 11, 2008

What we have been up to...

The past 2 weeks since Thanksgiving have seemed to fly by! So much has been going on, another week seems to pass before I know it. So in a shortened version here's what we've been up to...

We've put up our Christmas tree, and most of our decorations. We decided to skip outside lights this year, so it made it a little quicker.
We made ginger bread cookies one afternoon:

We've done lots of stuff around the house, including a "clean out" of the toy box. We also hung up a new quilt rack shelf:

We went to the ward Christmas party and the kids got to meet "Santa" of course I forgot my camera, so no pictures. The next night we went to the stake Christmas music program. It was very nice, Dave and Rick sang a duet...very pretty if I do say so. They sang a song I hadn't heard before called Guard Him, Joseph. Again I forgot my camera.

I got these made up for some of our Christmas cards:


I designed a new header, which I'm printing up for some of the other Christmas cards.

We went fishing one afternoon, lots of fun, but no fish.











We did this ginger bread tree as a family project this week. We had the kit, but it would be very simple to do on your own. It was just star shaped cookies stacked from largest to smallest and then decorate.












Timmy went to the doctor for more ear infections, and his now doing much better.

We had friends over for a campfire and smores. Lots of sticky fun!
Jimmy recieved an award at school for showing citizenship in his classroom.
Addy somehow had an accident, she tells me she ran into the wall. Anywho, she split her lip in an extreme way. We went to the er for many hours and she got 2 1/2 stiches in her lip. I say 1/2 because they started on a 3rd and she flinched so they stopped. She took it very well, Dave says. Much better than her Mom. I panic in bloody, broken, my babies crying situations. So thankfully Dave left work to come sit at the Hospital with us. He then stayed with Addy for the stiches and I left to get Jimmy from school. She is looking much better today other than the fat lip.

And as I was writing this post I got a call from the school nurse to come pick Jimmy up, he had a fever. When I got there they informed me on top of his fever he was complaining of a sore throat, and FYI 2 kids in his class have been reported with strep this week. So now we are off to the doctor to get him swabbed and tested.
Oh the joys of life!

Update the time is now 4:30 we have returned from the doctor and Jimmy does have strep throat...ick! Here is hoping the rest of us don't get it!


2 comments:

Nicole Howard said...

You have been busy!! I love the blog header and your Christmas card is way cute. Good picture of you and Dave!

robyncreates said...

Enjoyed your update! What a good mom you are! I still need to make cookies with the kids-I've made them lots lately-just not with them. :( Is everyone better yet?