Thursday, May 14, 2009

7th Anniversary & Mother's Day

So a WHOLE lot has been going on since my last post, but rather than try to remember it all now, I thought I'd just do a post on this past weekend. Then maybe I'll back track on the past few weeks later.

May 10th was Mother's Day, but it was also our 7th Anniversary! How very exciting!!! Time goes by so fast, it is unbelievable! We celebrated our day on Saturday. Jerusha was so kind to babysit for us to make it all possible. SO THANKS JERUSHA!!!! We started out with a dinner at the Magic Time Machine. Always a fun experience. We had a lively waiting crew, we had Peter Pan, the girl from Duke of Hazards, and some fairy girl. When they first sat us, they asked if we were there for a special occasion. So of course we told them yes, our anniversary. They also asked our names and proceeded to call us the opposite all night, I was Dave and he was Liz. Well when they returned with our drinks they announced that our anniversary was to be celebrated with a theme. They decided our theme for the night would be Hershey kisses...
So here is Peter Pan wrapping Dave up in his Kiss hat. Most of the pics are gonna be of Dave cause I had the camera. But yes, I was wrapped up too.After our meals came out, Peter Pan came and asked Dave if he was ready to dance...confused he said, "OK." So she (yes Peter was a girl) told him to hop up and here is what happened:


At the end of the hula when he was told to sit, he asked, "what about her, doesn't she get to dance." Peter replied, "no, I just saw the pineapple glaze on your food and the hula had to be done." HAHA gave me a great laugh!!!

After we finished our dinner they brought this out:

And they sang very loudly, "Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPYYYYY Anniversary!" And had us blow the candles out. Very fun!!!

Here's a pic of our hats and the pic they took:All in all a very fun, memorable dinner experience. We followed that up with some good ol' dancing! So we both pulled the boots out of the closet for this. We went to cowboy dance hall and had a blast. For those of you who don't know, when Dave and I met he was really into dancing, he even taught classes. He was (and still is an amazing dancer). Honestly I'm not because if you know me I can't hear a beat or rhythm to save my life and well that's important in dancing with the counting and all. But I LOVE to dance! And luckily for me Dave is an excellent leader and so through the years I've learned to follow him pretty well. SO it makes it look like I can dance too. Anyways, we were thinking about it and we hadn't been dancing in 1 and 1/2 years which we decided was way too long! It was so much fun to be spun around the floor! Thanks Dave, I LOVE YOU!!! Yea for a Happy 7 Years!!! We finished the night out with a movie had home after we put the kids down. A very nice night!

Now on to the 2nd half of the post...Mother's Day. It was Happy for me, and hopefully happy for all you other mothers out there! I was allowed to sleep in as long as I wanted while Dave got up with the kids. VERY NICE!!! Then I was brought breakfast in bed, yummy waffles with berries and whip cream! I was given cards, bath salt from Jimmy that he made at school, 2 boxes of chocolate, a new body pillow (that I LOVE), and some beautiful flowers!!! Spoiled all morning long. At church I got a rose, and Dave stayed in nursery with Timmy. In the evening Dave made dinner and set the table all nice with place mats, the real dishes (we usually use plastic), and it all looked so nice. I continued to get spoiled all evening long. Thanks Dave, and kiddos you guys are the best!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!




4 comments:

Bennett Fam said...

Happy Anniversary a week late. That sounded like a lot of fun. We miss y'all, can't wait for our trip down in June.

robyncreates said...

What a wonderful family you have! I've never been to The Time Machine...someday... :) Happy Anniversary!

Desi said...

Glad you had such a wonderful anniversary and mothers day! Love all the pics. Seven wonderful years and here's to an eternity of joy to come!

Abbey said...

The flowers are so pretty. I wish I got some :( It looks like you have a good blackmail video of Dave if you ever need it. haha. Happy late anniversary!