Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Dave!

Dave's birthday was on Sunday so we didn't do much besides go to church and have cake at home...but it was still a fun day! He picked out a cake he wanted and I set out to make it. It's not as pretty as it was in the magazine, but it sure tasted yummy and fruity!

For his gift Dave wanted boots...so last weekend we went boot shopping and he picked some out. The reason for boots you may wonder, to go dancing in. He says nothing slides like boots on a dance floor. So here's to many nights of dancing to come!



Hope you had a Happy Birthday sweetie!!! We Love You!


7 comments:

robyncreates said...

It looks pretty to me!!! And boots for dancing!? Sounds fun! I haven't done that in years!!!!!!!!!

Desi said...

That cake was BEAUTIFUL! I'm way impressed! And, as I haven't eaten breakfast yet, it made my mouth water like crazy! :)

The boots look great! Happy dancing!

Sara said...

Yummy. I WANT the recipe ASAP..please?!

"Those boots were made for [dancing] and that's just what they'll do..."

Nicole Howard said...

Cake=AWESOME!!
Good job!

Happy Birthday Dave.
Oh and we love dancing too so if you ever wanna double let me know!
:)

Abbey said...

The cake looks wonderful! happy birthday Dave!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

Happy Belated birthday Dave! Looks like quite the yummy cake you had there, and I love the boots. Chris wants to get himself a pair before we leave here!

Jennifer Rasmussen said...

Liz your blog looks so good! I need to figure out how to make mine cute and get busy updating it! The cake looked delicious and your kids are adorable! Do you and Dave go dancing??? :) Sounds like fun! Jennifer Rasmussen (don't know why I post as Nov. 2008) how do I fix it?