Sunday, August 9, 2009

River Trip

In July we took our annual trip out to Cold Springs camp on the Frio. Although the water was low, and tubing was not an option, we still had plenty of water to play and stay cool in. All and all a good trip! And yes, both my boys are wearing pink shoes in the water pictures...that is my fault. I completely forgot about water shoes this year, until the night before while I was packing late at night. So I grabbed the bag of shoes from last summer thinking between those and the kids crocs they'd have something to wear. Well about 1 hour from home I realize Timmy wasn't wearing any shoes, he had left his green crocs at home. So then the only water shoes that fit him were a pair of Addy's old ones. Bright pink with dora. The good news is he loves Dora and didn't seem to mind wearing those most of the trip. Dave, who couldn't come until Friday evening brought his green shoes we had forgotten fixing his problem. Jimmy's water shoes from last year still fit, so he wore those the first day and they literally fell apart. I really should have taken a picture it was so pathetic. So I told him to wear his crocs, but he didn't pack those, he packed his flip flops. So he wore Addy's pink crocs as his water shoes. And that is the story of why my boys were wearing pink shoes.

1 comments:

lisa said...

Looks like sooo much fun!