Friday, February 11, 2011

Sister Weekend

My sister Laura and I have the same birthday 6 years apart. As a kid, it really bothered me...but as we've gotten older the more and more I love it! I can't think of anyone better to share my special day with! This year for our birthday we got to "get away" for a weekend. We got a hotel stay from our brother Stephen, we got $$$ from our parents for pedicures & shopping, and a certificate for dinner from my wonderful hubby Dave. It was great! We went to Austin and had a great time! We went down town and explored- we saw the Capitol building, the bridge with the bats (when they weren't there cause the idea of that many bats kinda freaked us out), and even ventured down 6th street. I got a really fun shirt in a souvenir shop that says Austin where the weird things are, it has the creature from the where the wild things are, only he has bat wings, longhorns, and a guitar. Leaving down town we got a bit lost getting back to our hotel, so that was an adventure...but in the end we made it. Oh and since Laura is in massage school she needed to get in a practice massage...I LOVED it! Between the time with her, the sleeping through the night, the massage, the pedicure, the shopping, and the great food I felt thoroughly spoiled and relaxed! Our Toes, mine are the green ones...A super YUMMY chocolaty dessert.One of the many cool guitars in down town Austin.

The Capitol Building.

1 comments:

Abbey said...

What a great idea, I really need to do that! :)
Looks like you had a great time.