Monday, June 16, 2008

What a weekend!

We enjoyed this past weekend at our house. Dave came home happy on Friday and the party began! We had friends over and played late. Saturday was wonderful!!! Dave got up with kids and let me sleep in! Thanks honey!!! I slept until 10:45. It was amazing! I haven't done that in a REALLY long time. It was another FUN day with friends, with an weird twist at the end, but that's another entry for another day. Oh and end of day Saturday I wished out loud for a indoor pool because lately it has been too blasted hot to even want to go outside to the pool. Which explains the lack of attention it has received and the grossness which you will see in a slide show. So with a stroke of genius Dave suggested we drain it, clean it, and set it up in the newly cleaned garage. That way it is shaded, we can open the door for a breeze and set up a few fans. I was game for the idea immediately! SO with that the pool has been drained and is now in the being cleaned stage. We will update later to let you all know how the garage idea works out. I'm hoping for the best!



Sunday was of course Father's Day. We let Dave sleep in and surprised him with breakfast in bed and some gifts. The kids gave him a personalized hat, pen, note pad, and post it notes that all say world's greatest dad according to Jimmy, Addy and Timmy with little caricatures of them. I gave him the second set of hero stamps framed to match his first set. Then he surprised us all with gifts too! He said he wouldn't have this day without us. How sweet is that??? I love my husband!!! I got boom blox, rabbids, and chocolate! YEA! Jimmy got a puzzle and Pokemon cards that he is thoroughly enjoying. Addy got a puzzle and princess jewelry that she loves. Timmy got a ball almost as big as him and is in heaven. Thanks for surprising us Dave/Daddy. You are too good to us!



Sunday we also had Des (Dave's sister) & Kit (her hubby) over for dinner and birthday cake. Her bday is later this week and we wanted to celebrate her. Happy bday Des! After dinner we introduced them to wii, and had fun with that. The competitiveness really came out. It was great! And once again we had friends over. So much FUN! We LOVE our friends!!!

Which brings me to now, Monday. Dave started his new job this morning. They had contacted him and said not to come until 9. So he slept in and had breakfast with us. What a way to start the day. He said it all went well, and was very excited to tell us about his office. Farewell to the land of cubicles! Four walls and a door is where it's at! He worked until 5 today, but get this, the new office is only 1 exit closer on the highway, but he made it home so much faster even leaving at 5! He was home in 28 minutes! Just that 1 extra exit cut out so much highway congestion! I'm loving it!

After dinner came the inevitable. That which I've been putting off for nearly a month now. Timmy's first haircut. I think that is one of the hardest parts of having a baby boy. Watching those soft wispy baby curls being shaved off transforming your snugly baby into such a grown up looking big boy haircut toddler. And of course I cried. I was expecting it, I did the same with Jimmy. I know it's silly, it's just hair. But it makes such a drastic appearance on the baby, it really hits home that your baby is growing up. That is why Timmy and his haircut have a slide show all of his own.



And with that, I think I am done for the night!

4 comments:

Desi said...

What a busy and fun weekend! It was a blast for us too. Father's day is great isn't it??? :) Last night I even cooked Rick a big Father's Day dinner (didn't happen on Sunday).

Timmy looked like he took it pretty well. What a big boy! And, hey, he still is perfectly cute and adorable! He'll still act the same, it's just your perception on him without the curls that changes.

Sara said...

Glad you are having so much fun with your family and your friends!! Life is great with those two types of people, huh? Yeah for you all to come up with a way to use your pool. Timmy looks really really cute. What a good trooper sitting through his first haircut. His curls are cute, but his little man haircut is so adorable, too!! :) You can always have another baby :) hee hee hee.

K, so you're peaked my interest and I need to know more details from your weekend.

Thanks for all the photos!

Nicole Howard said...

Liz, I always love reading your posts. Your family sounds so fun and you guys are always doing something exciting. I am sorry we didn't get to talk at Chipotle(they need to have bigger tables)...we will have to get together one day for lunch.

Nicole Howard said...

BTW..how stinkin cute is it that Dave got presents for you guys on Father's Day. I love that. I think I will try that next mother's day because it is so true that I wouldn't be a mother without the husband and kids.