Monday, September 29, 2008

My Unspectacular Quirks Tag

I got tagged from Nicole (thanks), and had fun reading her quirks...so here we go TMI about me!

Here are the rules:
1 - List the person(s) who tagged you
2 - Mention the rules on your blog
3 - Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4 - Tag 6 fellow bloggers

Quirk 1: I can hardly go to a restaurant without having a coupon or promotion of some sort. I love going out and being waited on but it kills me to pay so much for food!

Quirk 2: Another money one (I'm a cheapskate I know)...I always wonder how I can get a better deal and take pride in stacking coupons and finding the best deals. One example from last week I was at CVS, my fav deal spot, buying a jumbo huggies diapers (56 count), 2 packs of 80 count huggies wipes, 1 huggies clean team wipes, and 1 huggies clean team soap...I handed over all my coupons and my total was $9.53, so I pulled out my credit card to pay and the CVS manager who knows me too well asked, "really, are you just going to pay?" I said, "what?" He said, "well you surprised me, I figured you were going to pull out some more coupons or something." So I paid my $9.53 and got my $10 ecb back, so really out of pocket cost was none. But all day I thought about his comment, was he right? Had I just "paid" to much for my diapers??? Silly I know, but the thought plagues me even now.

Quirk 3: Ever since I can remember anytime I wear socks and shoes (which is rare I prefer sandals) I have to tuck the sock in between my big toe and second toe. Weird I know, don't know where I picked this one up, but I have to do it.

Quirk 4: I wouldn't of thought of this one, I guess I thought it was normal...but according to Dave it's not. I am meticulous about sorting my laundry before washing. Apparently I sort and sub sort way beyond what is "normal". I have my whites, red/pinks, jeans/pants, play clothes, work/church clothes. Then depending on the how big the piles are I sub sort the jeans and other pants, and the work clothes into tops and pants.

Quirk 5: I love to mow grass. Always have, love the feeling, love the smell, love it all except the way my allergies go into overdrive the next day.

Quirk 6: I always have to wash my feet before I go to bed. Doesn't matter if they are dirty or not...I could have taken a shower 30 minutes before bed, but I still have to go wash my feet before I get into bed.

And now comes time to tag...I tag whoever wishes to play along! I look forward to reading about your quirks!

5 comments:

Sara said...

#5 & #6 -- we're twins :) you're so fun. wish i was so good with coupons and deals. i suck at it. i need you to tutor me! i spend $100/month on diapers/wipes! ARGH!!

Nicole Howard said...

Oh Liz...I am still laughing at #2!! I am sorry you are still plagued;)
So really though, you need to teach me how to be thrifty like that. I am the worst at it, and with 5 kids I should be the best. So PLEASE give me some pointers.
You should teach an enrichment...I am so going to suggest that...don't kill me;)

Desi said...

Quirky or not, I still love ya! I think it's those little differences between everyone that makes the world go around. I'm going to have to start thinking about what I do that is quirky.... :) I'm sure there's quite a lot, maybe the effort is going to come by having to narrow them down!

Carolyn said...

I love learning new things about everyone I blog stalk.

Abbey said...

I think I need to go shopping with you!