Tuesday, September 16, 2008

So much to say!

So it's been over a week since I posted, and it seems I've got a lot of catching up to do! I think I'll try for a quick recap as not to bore anyone :).
Addy and I have been having LOTS of fun "hanging out" while Jimmy is at school, and Timmy naps. We have done many things in the past few weeks. Sometimes we bake, sometimes we do craft projects, sometimes we do playdoh (for 2 hours straight!), and sometimes we just plain ol' play. It has been really neat connecting with her, and learning things that she likes. One day last week she wanted to make music, so we made maracas from tp rolls and beans and decorated them, and then a guitar from a shoe box and yarn. I love my little girl!

Last Thursday we got a call from some old friends we hadn't seen in awhile, and turns out they had recently moved to the Houston area. They were under mandatory evacuation and needed somewhere to go. We were happy to have them, we love visitors! So from Thursday night until Sunday afternoon we had non-stop fun! The kids all played so well together! On Friday afternoon we headed out to the zoo and had a ton of FUN!
On Saturday the Dads and big kids went to Lowes to build pirate ships and the Moms and little kids went shopping. We all had fun, and the pirate ships came out really cool! Then we even did a date swap! I love going on dates with my hubby! So Dave and I caught an afternoon movie, then Kira and Ammon headed out for dinner. Very convienient. Sunday afternoon, we were sad to see our friends go, but very happy we got to visit with them.









Yesturday we were babysitting for a friend here and it was sooo great to watch Addy play with another little girl. Most of her "friends" so far have actually been Jimmy's little boy friends. I decided I need to start setting up girl play dates for her.


And finally yesturday when Jimmy came home I went through his back pack with him and he had a little paper 8 page book. He has had one every Monday since school started. So I picked it up to read to him, and he stopped me and said, "no, I can read it to you." A bit confused I told him ok and handed it to him. Then he amazed me and actually read it! I think it might have been more memorization and picture recognition than actual reading, but still it amazed me! So much so that I took a video clip of it.

2 comments:

Desi said...

Love the pics! Jimmy's inflections were fantastic! It was way cute to see how much he is enjoying all of the learning he is doing. Very "grown up" of him! You've had quite a busy week! Missed your posts, but was even happer to have gotten to hang out with you so much! Thanks for coming over last night! :)

robyncreates said...

How fun that Picketts came! Were they able to go back to power? My sisters that live in Houston still don't have it.