Monday, March 30, 2009

Ode to my camera...

About a year ago I came across a GREAT deal on craigslist, a Nikon coolpix camera for $15! So of course I bought it. Over the past year I have taken so many great pictures with it, and enjoyed it so. Unfortunately this past week it took it's last picture and has now been retired to a "toy" camera for the kids. We were at the doctors office waiting, as always, and Timmy was digging through my purse. He pulled it out, saying "see! see!" He likes to look at pictures of himself. So I snapped this one :I clicked it over to view so he could look, when out of nowhere Addy decides to CHARGE him. She came at him from the side, the camera went up and came crashing down. The lens was jammed with a lens error message on the screen. So I turned it over to Dave hoping he could unjam it. Well the good news is he took it apart and was able to unjam the lens. The bad news is that when he put it back together it wouldn't power on anymore. So this is it:
Finished up. We had a good run, and I definately got my $15 worth out of it. So for now I'm on the back up old camera, which works but lacks all the cool features I had come to love on my Nikon. But goodness is to come, Dave told me to pick out any camera I wanted!!! YEA!! So the research has begun. If anyone has any recommendations let me know!

4 comments:

Desi said...

You loved that thing! Sorry to hear about it's passing. Hope it's replacement is able to fill in well! We like the Kodak Easy Share cameras. Easy to use and you can get some really great features!

Abbey said...

Sorry to hear about your camera. I don't really know what cameras are out right now, but I love my Canon (S3IS) It's bulkier than the one you had though. Happy camera hunting! I'm jealous ;)

robyncreates said...

Our camera broke this past winter and I still haven't gotten a new one-been using my brother's old one. :( Bummer. Like you new header though! Great pic! :)

Tiffany said...

My point and shoot is a small Canon Powershot. It's been very good to us and the photos are great!