Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break

What a week! The kids went to Nana & Papa's house after Timmy's Birthday to spend Spring Break. While they were gone Dave & I got a lot accomplished here at the house. We finished covering the kitchen chairs, and painted the kitchen. I LOVE IT! Thanks to Desi for the fabirc that I used on the chairs, which was also the inspiration for the colors of the room. And a BIG thanks to Nicole for recommending the best paint tool ever made! The sur line edger is a miracle! My least favorite part of painting has always been the prep taping, but thanks to this tool taping is no longer necessary!

I also repainted the downstairs bathroom. I had painted this awhile back but it's been bugging me. See I had mixed the paint myself and didn't get it all the way, so some spots were streaky as the color varied. So now, it's all a uniform crisp clean blue. And I am much happier with it.

We also bought, hauled, unloaded, and moved around about 3000 pounds of dirt. We decided to expand our garden this year, thus all the dirt. Bad news was the day we had set aside to do this it was very cold and rainy. So we were moving WET dirt, that required some extra effort. No pictures yet. I probably take some once we get the plants in the ground. Right now they are all in starter pods. We are hoping for a good year, we've got all sorts of yummy things growing!
We also changed Timmy's room from baby to big boy. Dave took apart the crib and put up a twin bed. I decked it out with the new cars bedding he got for his birthday. So far he isn't loving it, but it's going better than we expected. I'll have to take a picture of him in it to post later.

Another big thing we got done while the kids were gone was get a new family vehicle. Yep, we broke down and purchased a mini-van. A gray Honda Odyssey. All I can say is YAY for tax refunds. Personally I have never been a fan. I always imagined a nice SUV with the 3rd row...but when it came down to it, the mini-van was clearly the pracitcal choice. Initial cost was much less than an SUV, gas mileage was better than an SUV, and it provides the needed space. So we did it. As for the rest of the family they are thrilled. Dave has always liked them, and the kids just think it's cool. I must admit it was "cool" coming home Sunday night with all the kids in seperate seats not annoying each other.



















So that's what we did. Here's what the kids did...

Took a trip to way north Texas to see Great Grandparents.

Spent time with Nana & Papa, Aunt Jennifer & soon to be Uncle Robert.

Flew kites.

Went Camping.

Built BIG fires.

Went on early Easter Egg hunts.

Played with baby goats.

Lots of outdoor play and swinging.

Then some indoor play when the rain came.

"Helped" Papa with his projects.

And just had a GREAT time!!!

Thanks Cindy & David for taking the kids, they LOVED it!


On our way home we made a stop to visit with our cousins we hadn't seen in awhile. Thanks Heather & Ryan, we had a really FUN time!!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

you are so amazing! what a lot of projects to get done. your kitchen looks so amazing! so pretty!! i love the blue. wow. i wish abi had a spring break and someone would take my kids. i would nap and boss isaac around (i am 7 months pregnant after all!) :)

Nicole Howard said...

Oh I am so glad you liked the sure-line. It is definitely a lifesaver!

Your kitchen looks great. YOu did a really great job!

robyncreates said...

I want to paint one of our rooms that blue and yellow now-even before I was married I loved those colors and wanted them in our house. Thanks for the inspiration!

Looks like you and Heather and fam had fun. I miss you and her being here...we should have done more stuff together...It was fun seeing you too-wish we would have had more time to have you over...yes, that was us in the bluebonnets-my poor kids have gone so many times...trying to get the perfect pics to frame. LOL

robyncreates said...

Forgot to say that it looked like you and Dave had both lost weight! Wish I was...:)