Monday, November 16, 2009

Elly's Eyes

When Elly was born her eyes were still fused, which the doctors said was normal. So over the past 3 weeks, we've been asking the nurses everyday if they had opened yet. Most responses have been a no, there have been 2 maybes, but nothing definite. We have been there when she is awake, and she moves around and makes facial expressions, but still no eyes open. Well today when I went to see her (Thanks Jerusha & Patrick for keeping the other 2) her nurse rushed up to me and said they were open! Of course the time I was there today was sleep time, so I still haven't seen them, but I will soon! In the meantime I've got this picture, thanks to an awesome nurse! She snapped it on her phone this morning while Elly was awake so she could show us.

2 comments:

Lissa Ann said...

Oh sweet Liz! She is beautiful..look at her opening those peepers! Please, if you and Dave need us to take the kids to the park or whatever someday, just call. I am done with school and am sitting here wondering what to do with real life time now that I have it. Hugs!

robyncreates said...

Nice to see you too Elly! :) How is she doing? Waiting to hear more updates :)