Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Frio River

Every July since I was in the second grade my family has gone out to a little camp on the Frio River. So this year, like every year past we made the trip. It's great living where we do now, because it is only 1 & 1/2 hours away, as opposed to the 5 it has been in the past. I love going here, it is my "happy place". Family, friends, and friends of family gather and we take up the whole camp and just relax and enjoy each others company. This year the water was low, and so the tube was exceptionally slow, but it was still fun. I love how everything here is laid back and slow paced. We were happy to have our buddies Rick & Desi join us for a day, they added some extra fun to an already great vacation. Thanks for coming. Sorry the slide show is so long, I actually trimmed down the pictures a lot! Towards the end you will see mushroom day 1, and day 2...this was growing on the kitchen counter in the trailer we rented. It was coming up between the sink and vinyl counter. Sick I know, but funny in a way.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Fun. Fun. Fun. FUN!!!!

Sara said...

Okay...love the photo of jimmy and addy in front of the tree, then of dave with timmy (the ones you said you loved). great photography! gross mushroom. Yes, very gross. timmy is getting so big!! what a charmer :) glad you had so much fun.

Desi said...

The mushroom did bloom! Crazy thing! We had a blast! Thanks so much for inviting us. That river was one of the neatest things I've ever seen. It was so much fun to jump off that rock into a river and then just hang out! I loved it! It was definitely one of the best weekends EVER!

Nicole Howard said...

So...once again..you look like you had a blast!!! You guys are so awesome and do so many things.