Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Cry for HELP!!!

HELP!!! I don't know what to do...

I just picked Jimmy up from school and he showed me a slip of paper with numbers on it. Then proudly said, "This is Sara's number, she gave it me! I'm gonna call her later!"

I'm thinking WHAT!?!?! He's only 5 (6 next week, but still)! I don't think it helps that this comes only 3 days after he told me that Lily kissed him on the playground. We had a BIG discussion on that this weekend. Friends only hug NO KISSING! So my question is, am I being irrational? Is this a harmless school yard practice (exchanging numbers and calling) or is this crazy? I didn't give my number out to a guy other than for school projects until High School. My baby is growing up too FAST!

So please all my blogging buddies, especially those with older kids in school that may have encountered similiar issues PLEASE tell me your advice!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Laugh. Just laugh. :) And no, I wouldn't have him call to talk, unless he's inviting her over to play at your house :)

So funny.

Carolyn said...

Holy cow!! You are not be irrational. If he was to call what would they talk about? I mean come on they are in the first grade. She must have older sisters. I remember still thinking boys had cooties at that point. Things have changed.

robyncreates said...

My kids have not exchanged phone numbers-they do have some friends that are girls where I don't mind them getting together with them to play just like they would a boy-but most the time they prefer boys and only have the girls come at bday parties. I wouldn't worry tons, but I also wouldn't let him call her just because. Cam had a girl in k-garten that kept kissing him and we had talks about it, but he hated it and then the girl got in trouble at school for doing it once when some teachers saw it happen...and then there is Brenden who kissed Annie Littlefield at the beginning of school this year. LOL He also got in trouble at school though and came home crying telling me he got in trouble, but he couldn't tell my why because it was too gross!!! It took lots of tears and time to get out of him what had happened. :) Hang in there. They do grow up too fast!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

Oh the joys of school. We have had to have talks with Kailey. We have just tried not to make a big ordeal out of it, but still explain to her how our Heavenly Father wants us to behave. We have had to explain to her that it is okay to have friends that are boys, and what the correct way to behave around them is. Hope that helps good luck with that one.