Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentine




This weekend we went to a Valentine Dance. We were so excited for an opportunity to dress up, go dancing, and have babysitting on site. Sadly Timmy was a tired, sad boy and spent more time on the dance floor than with the babysitters. But on the whole we had a fun time. While Dave was tending to Timmy, he sent Jimmy to come and ask me to dance. It was very sweet, and comical all in one. Picture an empty dance floor, a slow song and Jimmy holding my hands and galloping in a big circle. It was fun. Later I took Timmy and Addy and Dave took to the dance floor. Dave got down on her level, and unlike her elder brother, she took the slow song slow. I guess she has seen enough Princess movies that she knows how to dance with her Prince! HA! So the balloons came home with us from the dance, and have provided much entertainment. Anyways, here at our house we have had our Valentine's Day. For the last 5 years we have celebrated on the 10th. For those who don't know Jimmy's birthday is the 14th, and we don't want to take away from his special day. I was actually induced with Jimmy and had some say on the day. The problem was I was so miserably sick, and couldn't take it anymore. The 14th was the soonest the Doctor would take him, and so I signed up. People asked me then... are you sure? and would tell me to wait one more day. But I couldn't. I don't regret it, and I don't mind having our sweet heart day early. We chose the 10th because we were married on the 10th of May so it sounded good. So on Sunday evening we put the kids to bed, and together made and enjoyed a nice, QUIET, candle lit dinner and had "us" time. It was very nice. I appreciate Dave coming up with the idea. Tomorrow the kids have a Valentine play group and so they have prepared their cards for thier friends. I am sure they will have a great time, and so we say to all of you...Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

1 comments:

Bennett Fam said...

Sounds like y'all had a fun weekend. Happy Valentines Day to y'all also!!
Love ya,
Heather