Thursday, April 3, 2008

Motivation

I forgot to mention in the last post that the papisan cushion came out CLEAN!!! Yea! So although it caused unplanned work in other areas, the original goal was accomplished! So now the clean chair has motivated me to clean up the rest of the living room. My idea,
1 bring down the green couches which currently reside upstairs to replace the "ugly" south west pattern couches that are in the living room and
2 find a rug that will cover up the worn out carpet and bring some new color to the room

It is now almost 3 in the afternoon and here is where I stand on my new goal. The "ugly'" ones have been pushed aside for now. The green love seat has been moved downstairs and cleaned, the green couch has made it to the stairwell (I need help with that one) and the cushions on it have been cleaned. And tonight Dave (the super guy that he is) offered to take me out rug shopping! YEA looking forward to that!

Now the question at hand is what to do with the "ugly" couches. Do I want to haul them upstairs (we've had a couch in our room, and the love seat in the guest room), or do I want to open up the space in the upstairs and just get rid of these couches...They really are good couches, and had been in better shape, that's why I had them downstairs...but I've never liked them (ask my mom about my temper tantrum at age 16 in the middle of Lacks HA HA!). So I had planned on buying covers for them...but they are odd with wide arms and things, and the covers didn't work. I tried 3 different brand/styles, and so then We just left them there how they were. So now what? I don't know.

Well those are my random furniture thoughts for the day. Stay tuned for pictures coming soon!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I've been doing projects like this around my house too. I love Spring :) Hmm, not sure what to tell you about the couches. Will you miss sitting on them upstairs or did you not really use them? I hate my couches. They were from my in-laws and they are worn out and ugly. I tried three different covers too and they didn't work. If I could sew them, I would but that would look like crap...for sure! Good luck; can't wait to see your new rug!

Lissa Ann said...

Ohh I love to rearrange! That is the most fun ever! If you need help let me know!

Foster Family said...

Hey Liz, I work with David. I love getting on ya'lls blog and reading the days adventures. You are too cute and funny! I wish I had the energy you have.

I do love rearranging my house, good luck on the finding the rug and deciding on what to do with those couches.

Desi said...

I told Rick last night that he's been volunteered to help move things around and he said "great! when do I start?" So, just let him know and he'll be over. I also talked to him about the wives getting together "To Do" lists and that while you're gone, he and Dave can knock them out together. He got really excited about that, so it's a go on this end! Way to go having wonderful husbands!