Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Mishap

Ok so today was going good! I had the kids dressed, I even fought the battle with Addy to do her hair! I took pictures because I thought she looked way cute! This is a daily struggle that I usually leave alone, but today I thought I needed to put her hair up because this recent heat has given her quite the rash on her neck. That being said here are her pictures!













I had all the stuff ready for this afternoon, I had showered and put on nice clothes, and was making the kids some mac & cheese for lunch...this is where it all goes down hill. I handed the box to Addy and asked her to go throw it away. That is when I heard a thud with a splash, and an "OW". Odd combination so I go to the laundry room/pantry to check on her. She was now drenced and sitting in standing water. So first sad thing all that effort to get her dressed and hair done, now I had to strip her down and totally messed up her hair in the process (I'm so vain sometimes). Now the bigger issue at hand where the heck is the water coming from? Then I remember...

This morning I was sitting in my living room staring at our papisan chair, feeling disgusted by the cushions appearance. It is an off white color originally that was presently looking GROSS. Three kids tend to have that effect on stuff I guess, but it really shows on white shades. So I had decided to shove it in my washer for a good cleaning. I started it up, and checked on it a few times, since it was too big for my washer, but it went through the whole cycle fine. Feeling rather pleased with myself I opened the washer to check it. This is when I noticed only the bottom 3/4 was clean and the top 1/4 was still dirty. I figured it was sticking up during the wash. So I think no problem, lets just flip it over and get the other end clean. And so I did. Since it had gone through the first time with no issues, I thought nothing of and left after starting. Having completely forgotten all of this, until now...as I am standing in water stripping Addy down.

So I got her redressed, not nearly as cute, and hair a mess. Put the now ready mac & chesse in bowls for them and set out to clean up my mess. I had to shut myself in the room so the kids didn't get dirty. This is where it got sad, Timmy has been rather clingy lately and laid in front of the door crying his eyes out the entire time I was cleaning. Then there was Jimmy knocking on the door saying "Timmy needs You". Yea, thanks for the update Jimmy. So slowy but surely the mess gets cleaned up. I had to pull out the washer and dryer and clean under and behind them. I had to shift all the pantry stuff on the floor around to clean it. I opened the door to the garage to throw out some stuff only to see trails of water in there too. The water went over the door ledge, oh fun. Luckily no damage out there, just threw out a few cardboard boxes that got soaked. On an upside I can say my laundry/pantry room is sparkling (the floor anyways). So, now that I've dirtied every towel in my house cleaning up I am all gross now and in need of another shower.

So today my life lesson learned is not to be such a cheap skate and next time take the big bulky item to the cleaners.

Since I had the camera out from Addy's pictures earlier I decided to photo document the mishap, here are a few shots.
In front of the washer & into the pantry

3 Buckets Overflowing with dirty towels


In front of the washer & into the pantry AFTER

4 comments:

Bennett Fam said...

Oh Liz, that sounds terrible. Well, at least you have a sparkling laundry/pantry floor now.

Addy looked very cute with her hair all fixed up.

It's funny how kids always point out the obvious things that are going on. LOL! Madalyn & Jimmy are two peas in a pod! ;-)

Nicole Howard said...

Gotta love days like that;)

Stamp With Linz said...

I feel your pain...may today be a better day, hun! And if not, do your best to maintain sanity! ;)

Sara said...

life is surely crazy, but so worth it. reminds me of my life here. always something happening that goes awry.