Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Today has been a fun Mother's day. The kids got up with the other children at church today to sing a cute Mother's day song, Mother I Love You. Click here if you want to hear it:

So anyways, about 1 line into Addy announces in a voice way above all the others singing, "MOM, I remember the words!!!" I laughed so hard that I cried! That's my girl! Then when the song was over and all the kids were returning to their seats she waved with a big smile and said, "MOM, I did it, I sang to you." Classic moment.


I also received 2 very special presents:




















These two willow tree figurines to represent my wonderful children.
I have this couple figurine that we got as a wedding present:

So now I need to find a location to display them all together. I love Willow Tree stuff, it's so simple, yet so meaningful. And with that I wish you all a Happy Mother's Day.

5 comments:

Sara said...

i have a willow tree one on my fireplace too that i got for valentine's day. it's of a dad with his arms around his wife and two kids, with the mom's arms around the kids. I LOVE IT.

addy's singing story is VERY cute!!

Desi said...

Addy was so cute! It was our favorite part of the song!

I also love Willow Tree! I'm not really a collector of anything, much to some of Rick's family's dismay, but I do really love Willow Tree. We were given one of a mom holding a baby after I lost Keldon, and have another one I gave Rick when he was having a hard time, of a husband and wife in a loving embrace. They are so beautiful and timeless! What a sweet Mother's Day gift for you!

Lissa Ann said...

LOL I am a willow tree collector as well.Just wanted you to know that addy's little "outburst" made my whole day. The smile on her face was so sincere and beautiful! What a blessing she must be for you!

Bennett Fam said...

Addy's little story sounds very cute.

Madalyn sat beside me and cried while Ethan went up with the rest of the primary. He didn't sing, but apparently he was very proud that he went up to the front. After the song he ran back to us and said "I did it Mommy". Very cute to bad he didn't actually sing.

I love Willow Tree. I don't have any of my own but my siblings and i always give my mom new ones for her birthday.

Nicole Howard said...

i love those figurines!! Happy Mother's day to you!!