Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Still Here

I feel like I haven't posted in forever! Things have been crazy this past week.


On Friday Dave took the kids + 1 cousin "camping". It's in parenthesis because they didn't go anywhere, it was in our backyard. But the kids still had tons of FUN! They roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and 1/2 of them even slept outside in the tent. I went out for a girl's night and left Dave with a camera to capture the moment. All he got was a picture of Timmy in the high chair and a picture of Jimmy & Allan playing Wii. Oh well. Point is they had FUN! The next morning I had a meeting and he took them all fishing at a local lake. Addy actually caught one! She casted and reeled it in all on her own! Unfortunately the camera didn't make it there either, so no pictures.


While out on my girl's night, I found the perfect fabric to recover the toy box in! What do you think???

Now I've just got to dig around in the garage to find the paint to do some touch ups. Slowly but surely the living room is transforming. And to think it all started with a dirty papisan chair! HAHA! I'm loving it!

So on Sunday we had a "sleepover" at the cousins house. Dave was scheduled for surgery at 6am and I didn't want to be waking the kids up at 5 to get them where they needed to be. All went well with the surgery. Now we are in the recovery stage. Unfortunately recovery has been much slower than anticipated. But each day he is getting a little better, and the pain pills are getting farther and farther apart. He is even going to try and work (from home) tomorrow. We will see how that goes.

We lucked out in the timing of all of this that Dave's Mom was in town. She is here "babysitting" the cousins while the parents are on a trip. So we have had the pleasure of seeing, playing, and enjoying Nana Cindy, + the bonus of cousins every day for a week now. It has been real helpful in Dave's recovery and allowing me to take care of him. Thanks Nana Cindy!

And that my friends is what we have been up to this last week. I hope all is well with everyone out there!

3 comments:

Desi said...

The toy box turned out great! I'm so excited that you've been enjoying so many changes at home. It's probably what's been encouraging me and the crazyness going on here. I think today's project is the chair cushions. :)
Glad to hear that Dave is starting to feel a bit better. Let me know if you need anything!

Lissa Ann said...

HEE HEE you and Desi are so good for me! I have lived here a year and not done a thing to decorate the house. Your renovations have inspired me and I acutally got some curtians in my house up :)
And I LOVE the trunk!

robyncreates said...

looks good LIZ!!! I love "renovating" things-well, I like the outcomes at least! :)